Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting (CINV)
SYNDROS® is approved for adult cancer patients who experience nausea and vomiting while undergoing chemotherapy treatment and have failed to adequately respond to usual anti-nausea treatments.
SYNDROS® is contraindicated in patients:
- With a history of a hypersensitivity reaction to dronabinol. Reported hypersensitivity reactions to dronabinol include lip swelling, hives, disseminated rash, oral lesions, skin burning, flushing, throat tightness.
- With a history of a hypersensitivity reaction to alcohol.
- Who are receiving, or have recently received, disulfiram- or metronidazole-containing products within 14 days. SYNDROS contains 50% (w/w) dehydrated alcohol and 5.5% (w/w) propylene glycol.
CINV May Still Be A Challenge For Many Patients
- 30-50% of adult patients receiving moderately or highly nausea inducing chemotherapy continue to experience breakthrough CINV, despite the progressive introduction of anti-nausea agents.
- Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV) is one of the most feared side effects experienced by patients with cancer.
Time to Talk to Your Healthcare Provider?
- If you are experiencing CINV after taking other anti-nausea medications, it may be time to speak with your Healthcare Provider today on whether SYNDROS® may be an option for you.
- Click on the Image to take the short STAY in the FIGHT! CINV Survey and talk to your Healthcare Provider today about treatment options.
- The more information you can give to your Healthcare Provider, the better they will be able to understand your CINV and find you the best treatment options for your nausea and/or vomiting.
SYNDROS® May be an Option for You Beyond Traditional Anti-Nausea Treatments
- SYNDROS provides flexibility to titrate dose based on patient’s clinical response and Healthcare Provider direction without requiring an additional prescription.
- SYNDROS may be a treatment option for patients who prefer liquid medications, who may have difficulty swallowing pills, or for patients who need medications administered via enteral feeding tubes.
- SYNDROS offers a free trial voucher and discount card program – click here for details
SYNDROS® (dronabinol) is the First and Only FDA-Approved liquid CII Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
- SYNDROS® is not Medical Marijuana and Medical Marijuana is not an FDA approved treatment for CINV.
- SYNDROS® is prescribed by licensed healthcare providers, dispensed by licensed pharmacies and approved and regulated by the FDA.
- SYNDROS® may potentially be covered by your healthcare insurance.